Social Worker | Trauma Informed Care Specialist
Location: New York , NY
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
S:US is looking for a Licensed Social Worker or Mental Health Professional experienced with trauma informed care
Newly licensed social workers and mental health counselors with intern and/or work experience in trauma informed care are welcome!
About the Position
The Trauma Informed Care Specialist at S:US will be based at a Domestic Violence family shelter to lead trauma-informed care for individuals in need of safety and security while in crisis. This role calls for a licensed professional (LMSW or LMHC) with intern or work experience in trauma-informed care. You will need to assess residents for trauma within 1 week of their entering the facility in order to identify stressful situations, thought patterns, and behaviors that could put the resident in crisis mode. The Trauma Informed Care Specialist provides individual and group trauma counseling to children, teenagers, and adults.
About the Homeless Services
S:US is working hard to help prevent homelessness by operating homeless individuals and families, for people living with HIV/AIDS, for individuals with mental health challenges, and for families experiencing domestic violence. We also connect homeless people to medical centers to ensure primary medical care and adherence to treatment. Our Homeless Services include homeless prevention, shelters, outreach services, and transition services.
Salary: $60,000 / year
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FS)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- Wellness Initiatives and Employee Assistance Program
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Psychology
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Limited Certification is accepted
- Able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 virus
- 2 years of experience in client assessment and trauma informed care
- Experience identifying PTSD, vicarious trauma, crisis counseling, case planning, and care coordination
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues
- Bilingual, preferred
At S:US, we are a nonprofit with a staff of 1,800 providing $245 million in services annually working to drive scalable solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances for people with disabilities, people in poverty, and people facing homelessness. Our efforts are supported by various local, state, and federal government entities as well as foundations, corporations, and individual donors. We take what we learn on the ground and use it to change systems and impact policy. We work with communities and individuals in every corner of the city and on Long Island by delivering high quality services that address the complex circumstances of each person in order to transform lives, improve neighborhoods, and boost future generations.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.