Location: New York , NY
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
S:US is looking for an experienced Shift Supervisor for our Women's Shelter in Manhattan
About the Position
The Shift Supervisor at S:US will provide supervision and training to residential aides and community coordinators for our Women's Shelter in Manhattan. You will conduct ongoing individual meetings with staff regarding job performance, oversee building inspections, coordinate work schedules and assignments, and evaluate paperwork and documentation. At times, you may also need to perform the duties of a residential aide or custodian if there is a need. The Shift Supervisor also coordinates staff and client interactions as well as communicates client observations and incidents to the appropriate staff at S:US.
About the Homeless Services
S:US is working hard to help prevent homelessness by operating homeless individuals and families, for people living with HIV/AIDS, for individuals with mental health challenges, and for families experiencing domestic violence. We also connect homeless people to medical centers to ensure primary medical care and adherence to treatment. Our Homeless Services include homeless prevention, shelters, outreach services, and transition services.
Salary: $49,127 / year
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FS)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- Wellness Initiatives and Employee Assistance Program
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree preferred
- Proof of vaccination for the COVID-19 virus
- 2 - 3 years of Security or Building Maintenance experience
- Office or Staff Management experience
- Experience working in a large residential or institutional setting with a special needs population
- CPR certification
- NY State Driver's License preferred
- F-80 required within 6 months of employment
- Bilingual preferred
At S:US, we are a nonprofit with a staff of 1,800 providing $245 million in services annually working to drive scalable solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances for people with disabilities, people in poverty, and people facing homelessness. Our efforts are supported by various local, state, and federal government entities as well as foundations, corporations, and individual donors. We take what we learn on the ground and use it to change systems and impact policy. We work with communities and individuals in every corner of the city and on Long Island by delivering high quality services that address the complex circumstances of each person in order to transform lives, improve neighborhoods, and boost future generations.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.