Location: Manhattan , NY
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
S:US is looking for an experienced Case Manager to join our team in Manhattan
About the Position
A Wellness Coach at S:US serves as a Case Manager. You will assist clients with mental illness and support their recovery, independence, and self-determination. This will be done by helping the client access needed community services, such as medical, psychological, substance abuse, vocational, food, clothing, and more, by developing a referral network. The Wellness Coach also coaches clients in learning and maintaining necessary skills via group meetings on wellness management, service plan reviews, and housing condition inspections.
About the Behavioral Health Services
S:US is working to break down barriers and open new doors to our clients in order to help people recover, lead productive lives, and move past their challenges. The Behavioral Health Services are divided into three main divisions: Care Coordination, Treatment Services, and Recovery Services. Our programs and services are offered in a manner that is respectful and highly supportive, acknowledge the informed choice of each individual, and are grounded in evidence-based practice.
Salary: $45,000 / year
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FS)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- Wellness Initiatives and Employee Assistance Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services field
- Valid New York Driver's License, preferred
- Able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 virus
- 2 years of experience with individuals with mental illness, substance abuse, or history of homelessness
- Experience in scattered site setting, preferred
- Experience in group work, tenant organization, case management, referrals, and community outreach, preferred
- Experience in peer counseling or advocacy
- Bilingual, preferred
At S:US, we are a nonprofit with a staff of 1,800 providing $245 million in services annually working to drive scalable solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances for people with disabilities, people in poverty, and people facing homelessness. Our efforts are supported by various local, state, and federal government entities as well as foundations, corporations, and individual donors. We take what we learn on the ground and use it to change systems and impact policy. We work with communities and individuals in every corner of the city and on Long Island by delivering high quality services that address the complex circumstances of each person in order to transform lives, improve neighborhoods, and boost future generations.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.